Special interest: Couples therapy combined with individual therapy
Registered Counsellor, PACFA Reg. Clinical
M Counselling, BA
I have been counselling since 2003, working with individuals, couples and groups. I specialise in relationship counselling. My work ranges from brief counselling to longer term psychotherapy.
Areas of Counselling Practice
- Affairs – working through the discovery and rebuilding trust
- Communication, conflict resolution, Intimacy
- Traumatic and unresolved past issues
- Differences in expectations, roles, values and goals of partners
- Domestic abuse and violence
- Premarital counselling
- Parenting and blended families issues
- Separation and divorce counselling
Trauma, Grief, Abuse and Men’s Issues
- Addictions – gambling, internet porn, etc
- Anger management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Coping with difficult emotions
- Domestic violence
- Depression, anxiety, stress management
- Grief, loss and separation
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
My approach is non-directive: clients and I work collaboratively on issues of difficulty.
I provide a safe space where clients can talk about their difficulties giving importance to listening and understanding. Attending counselling for the first time can bring up some anxiety, this is quite normal.
- Clinical Registration with ARCAP, PACFA, CCAA
My fee is $120 per hour.
If you are having are financial difficulties, concessions may be available.