Special interest: Women with complex relationship and trauma issues
Registered Counsellor, PACFA Reg. Provisional
M Counselling, Grad Cert Emotionally Focused Therapy (Cand), B Sc, B Com.
I have provided counselling since 2015, providing one-to-one counselling for adult individuals as well as pre-marriage, marriage, and relationship counselling for couples.
I work with adults primarily struggling with grief & loss, self-esteem & identity, trauma & abuse, and relationship difficulties.
While I work primarily with adult individuals, my special interest is in couple therapy to prepare couples for marriage and help strengthen and rebuild emotional bonds that have been fractured. I am also a certified Prepare/Enrich facilitator assisting individuals to prepare for their first marriage and married couples to refresh and revitalise their commitment to each other.
I am currently on the way to completing a graduate certificate in Emotionally-Focused Therapy (EFT) at the Institute of EFT.
I have experience in running information workshops and seminars on various topics that are aimed at increasing awareness and promoting the mental health and wellbeing of individuals, families, and communities.
Areas of Practice
- Affairs – working through the discovery and rebuilding trust
- Communication issues
- Conflict resolution
- Different expectations – personal, family and cultural
- Grief & loss of children
- Losing love & connection
- Pre-marital preparation (Prepare-Enrich)
- Pre-marital counselling
- Marriage enrichment
Trauma, Grief, Abuse and Women’s Issues
- Abuse recovery
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Anger management
- Anxiety, panic attacks, stress management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Coping with emotions
- Cultural transitions – immigration/re-settlement issues (for Asians to Australia)
- Domestic violence victims
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse – past or present
- Grief & loss
- Life and work transitions
- Relationship issues
- Sexual Abuse (male and female)
- Shame and grief around prenatal loss (abortion, miscarriages)
- Spirituality (Christian perspective)
- Trauma (past and present)
Youth Related Issues with a Young Therapist
- Building better relationships
- Career counselling and coaching
- Family of origin issues
- Life transitions and adjustments
- Making important life decisions
- Relationship issues
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Stress management
- Student issues
- Workplace issues
- Young adult issues
How I approach counselling & psychotherapy
My approach to counselling consists of:
- Collaborating with clients to understand what the potent issues and goals are
- Truly valuing and upholding the client’s autonomy, values, and beliefs of clients
- Helping clients understand and work through their emotional experience in a safe and supportive environment
- Empowering clients through a process of self-discovery and awareness, leading to new perspectives of self and other
- Building upon strengths and potential and working through any resistance to change
Whatever my client’s situation, I always look for hope and do not overlook the courage it takes to be willing to take steps towards growth and healing. I truly believe that given the right emotional support, every individual and couple is capable of and has the capacity to change.
My hope is to help people better understand themselves and their experience, instill hope and confidence to cross life’s invariable disappointments and challenges, and help them discover possible ways of moving forward.
I was initially drawn to counselling due to my involvement in pastoral care and have undertaken training as a pastoral care worker for women & young adults at an evangelical church in Sydney. I have a particular interest in helping people work through issues relating to faith & spirituality (Christian perspective), while also respecting the autonomy, faith, and values of my clients.
Having lived overseas in SE Asia for much of my life and migrating to Australia on my own as a young adult, I understand the challenges and rewards faced by migrants and overseas students and have an interest in working with this particular group.
My fee is $90 per hour session. Concessions may be available if you having financial difficulties.
My bank details for online payments are: