Special interest: Women with complex trauma and abuse issues
Registered Counsellor, PACFA Reg. Clinical
Grad Dip Emotionally Focused Therapy, Voc Grad Dip Relationship Counselling
Call to enquire about bookings.
I have been working as a professional counsellor since 2008 and my specialities are Individual Counselling, Psychotherapy and Relationship Counselling.
Areas of Counselling Practice
- Affairs – working through the discovery and rebuilding trust
- Communication, conflict resolution, losing love and connection, authentic relating, sex
- Different expectations – personal, family and cultural
- Pre-marital counselling
- Parenting and stepfamilies issues
- Separation and divorce counselling
Trauma, Grief, Abuse and Women’s Issues
- Abuse recovery
- Adult ADHD
- Anger management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Coping with emotions
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, stress management
- Eating disorders
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse – past or present
- Grief, loss and separation
- Life and work transition
- Trauma, past and present
- Student issues
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
My approach to counselling and therapy is from an Emotionally Focused perspective, an approach which focuses on the emotional roots of an issue rather than just the symptoms. It can be applied to most issues a client brings. In working with the Emotionally Focused approach, I use a range of techniques to safely and respectfully help clients achieve their goals.
Clients will receive professional and competent service and be treated with respect. Confidentiality and privacy will be maintained at all times.
My fee is $130/hour, and $150/hour for after hours appointments. If you are having are financial difficulties, concessions may be available.