Special interest: Women with complex relationship and identity issues
M Counselling, BA, B Com
Call to enquire about bookings.
I completed my Master of Counselling at Morling College in 2014. This included a one year practicum placement providing professional counselling at Bridges Counselling.
I was awarded the 2014 Morling College Counselling Prize. During 2015 I am working as an assistant trainer for Foundations in Counselling & Pastoral Care at Morling College.
Areas of Counselling Practice
Trauma, Grief, Abuse and Women’s Issues
- Anger management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Coping with emotions
- Cross cultural counselling
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, stress management
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse – past or present
- Grief, loss and separation
- Life and work transition
- Trauma, past and present
Youth-Related Issues by a Young Therapist
- Building better relationships
- Career counselling and coaching
- Decision making and negotiation
- Family of origin issues
- Life transitions and adjustments
- Relationship issues
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Stress management
- Student issues
- Workplace issues
- Young adult issues
Adolescent and Family Counselling
- Behavioural challenges for adolescents
- Parental stress
- Relationship issues
- Step family issues
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
I am passionate about discovering and realising the potential in my clients. The way I work with my clients include:
- Sitting with and exploring emotional struggles with the client, allowing safety in their vulnerability
- Truly valuing and affirming my client’s value and sense of self-worth and autonomy
- Empowering the client with the decision to determine the focus of therapy and building up skills towards resilience
- Offering different perspectives and exploring resistance to change
- Developing a collaborative therapeutic relationship through modelling a corrective emotional experience and allowing the client to practice their learning in a safe space
My approach to counselling and psychotherapy utilises an integrative psychotherapy approach, incorporating a variety of approaches such as:
- Systems theory
- Attachment and family of origin
- Strengths based
- Associate Membership – CCAA (Christian Counsellors Association of Australia)
I have developed wide life experience and excellent relationship skills through professional and church ministry (including youth group) roles over the last ten years.
My fee is $60 per hour session.
If you are having are financial difficulties, concessions may be available.