Special interest: Couples therapy for complex issues
Registered Counsellor, Clinical Supervisor, PACFA Reg. Clinical
My special interest is marriage and couples counselling, no matter how complex, and integrating this carefully with individual therapy.
I have been professionally counselling since 1996, working with couples, families and individuals, both short and long term. I am as passionate to see lives changed as when I first started my professional work.
Since 2008, I have provided clinical supervision to counsellors, and more recently as part of the counselling department of Excelsia College (previously Wesley Institute).
Areas of Counselling Practice
- Affairs – working through the discovery and rebuilding trust
- Communication, conflict resolution, losing love and connection, authentic relating, sex
- Complex, traumatic or unresolved past issues
- Different expectations – personal, family and cultural
- Domestic violence
- Pre-marital counselling
- Parenting and stepfamilies issues
- Separation and divorce counselling
Trauma, Grief, Abuse and Men’s Issues
- Addictions – gambling, internet, chat, porn, etc
- Anger management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Coping with emotions
- Domestic violence
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, stress management
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse – past or present
- Grief, loss and separation
- Life and work transition
- Transgerder issues, gender dysphoria
- Trauma, past and present
- Same-sex attraction
Clinical / Ministry Supervision
- Clinical supervision for student and professional counsellors
- Mentoring, supervision or counselling for pastors and Christian leaders
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
My approach to counselling consists of:
- Truly valuing and understanding my client’s struggles
- Helping clients process emotional struggles safely
- Leading to new perspectives, greater self understanding, changed relationship dynamics, and empowerment
- Using the lenses of mutuality and vulnerability in working with couples
I accomplish this largely through an integrated systemic and emotionally focused therapy model, informed by a broad background in a variety of counselling and psychological models and theories.
Clients will receive professional and competent service, and be treated with respect. Confidentiality and privacy will be maintained at all times.
- Clinical Registration with ARCAP, PACFA, CCAA
- Clinical Supervisor – CCAA
My fee is $170 per hour.
If you are having are financial difficulties, concessions may be available.
Internet payments to BSB: 062 339 – Acct No: 1049 5425