Marriage Counsellor / ARCAP Provisional Registration
I have been counselling since 2013 working with individuals, and couples preparing for marriage. In this time, I have provided several hundred hours of professional face-to-face counselling.
Areas of Specialisation
I provide couples counselling and work with with adults particularly struggling with time management; decision-making; d
In my training and life experience I have developed a range of therapeutic approaches for working with:
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Adult children dealing with parents/caretakers who have personality disorders, and dementia
- Anxiety, stress, and emotional crisis
- Building better relationships for singles
- Couples counselling
- Cultural transitions – immigration /re-settlement issues (for North and Central Americans to Australia)
- Domestic violence victims
- Grief & bereavement
- Making important life decisions
- Marriage preparation and enrichment facilitation
- Relationship issues
- Resolving relationship conflicts (work and personal)
- Self-esteem & assertive communication building
- Sexual Abuse (male and female)
- Spirituality (Christian perspective)
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
I support people in finding their strengths, building on them, and finding balance and contentment in the emotional, relational, physical, cognitive, and spiritual components of their life. I seek to create a safe and respectful environment for individuals and couples to nurture growth and healing.
I uphold the autonomy within those seeking help. I gently challenge them to courageously face life’s invariable disappointments outside the therapy room and to embrace opportunities to encourage others in their life journey.
Clients will receive professional and competent service and be treated with respect. Confidentiality and privacy will be maintained at all times.
Qualifications – Christina Jonkhoff
- Master of Counselling
- Prepare-Enrich Facilitator
- BA Psychology
- Cert IV Assessment & Workplace Training
I am a Registered Counsellor with CCAA (Grad) and PACFA (Prov).
Professional Training and Supervision
I am a certified Prepare/Enrich facilitator assisting individuals to prepare for their first marriage and married couples to refresh and revitalise their commitment to each other.
I receive on-going professional training each year and am supported by supervision on a regular basis to maintain my ethical and professional standards.
My fee is $90/hour session, and $110 for after hours.
If you are having are financial difficulties, concessions may be available.
Internet payments to: C M Jonkhoff, BSB: 062 093 – Acct No: 10112128