Counsels adults, couples
Registered Counsellor, Provisional Registration PACFA
M Couns, B Psychology
Book now with Christina
I have been counselling since 2013 working with individuals, and couples preparing for marriage.
I provide couples counselling and work with with adults particularly struggling with time management; decision-making; d
Areas of Counselling Practice
- Affairs – working through the discovery and rebuilding trust
- Communication, conflict resolution, losing love and connection, authentic relating, sex
- Different expectations – personal, family and cultural
- IVF issues including stress and loss
- Pre-marital counselling
- Parenting and stepfamilies issues
- Separation and divorce counselling
Trauma, Grief, Abuse and Women’s Issues
- Abuse recovery
- Adult children dealing with parents/caretakers who have personality disorders, and dementia
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Anger management
- Anxiety, panic attacks, stress management
- Assertiveness and boundary setting
- Building better relationships for singles
- Coping with emotions
- Cultural transitions – immigration /re-settlement issues (for North and Central Americans to Australia)
- Domestic violence victims
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse – past or present
- Grief, loss and separation
- Life and work transition
- Making important life decisions
- Marriage preparation and enrichment facilitation (I am a Prepare/Enrich facilitator)
- Relationship issues
- Resolving relationship conflicts (work and personal)
- Self-esteem & assertive communication building
- Sexual Abuse (male and female)
- Shame and grief around prenatal loss (abortion, miscarriages)
- Spirituality (Christian perspective)
- Trauma, past and present
- Student issues
How I Approach Counselling and Psychotherapy
I support people in finding their strengths, building on them, and finding balance and contentment in the emotional, relational, physical, cognitive, and spiritual components of their life. I seek to create a safe and respectful environment for individuals and couples to nurture growth and healing.
I uphold the autonomy within those seeking help. I gently challenge them to courageously face life’s invariable disappointments outside the therapy room and to embrace opportunities to encourage others in their life journey.
- Registration with ARCAP, PACFA, CCAA
My fee is $90/hour session, and $110 for after hours.
Skype is $100/hour session.
If you are having are financial difficulties, concessions may be available.
Internet payments to: C M Jonkhoff, BSB: 062 093 – Acct No: 10112128