We are an entrepreneurial private practice. Many of us have established ourselves by having successfully built a long term private practice. We have teamed together to collaborate, to share facilities, resources and professional development.
- We are alert to the unresolved personal, mental, emotional and relational suffering in the community and in our counselling rooms.
- We are diligent to apply the best of psychological and therapeutic wisdom to this suffering.
- We are absolutely committed to building trust and safety with clients through connecting, compassion and caring.
- We share a dream to empower people of all ages to know themselves, to take ownership of their lives and to be authentic in relationships.
- We work with the bigger picture and deeper issues, while being pragmatic and down-to-earth as needed. We strive for a balanced focus on mind/body, heart and meaning.
- We are in awe at the healing and growth in people’s lives and relationships that we witness every week. We believe that there is a deep and underlying story and purpose to people’s lives. We hold a Christian ethos.
Our quality assurance
Our 12 psychologists and registered counsellors have Masters degrees or the equivalent. Our 3 psychologists average over 20 years in professional practice. Our registered counsellors average of 13 years in professional practice. Their names are listed on the ARCAP Register website.
All our psychologists and registered counsellors are fully accountable to their respective professional associations for ongoing clinical supervision, professional development and ethical practice.
Our therapeutic approaches
People are complex. The emphasis of our work is client focused. Therapy is respectfully, collaboratively and sensitively tailored to each client whether individual, couple or family. Your psychologist or counsellor will aim to truly understand your issues, and walk beside you. They seek to inspire hope with the goal of a more meaningful life.
We treat you as a person, not as a diagnosis to be treated. We draw upon a wide range of evidence-based approaches used in the profession:
- ACT – Acceptance and Commitment therapy
- Attachment Theory
- CBT – Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – including it’s many variations
- DBT – Dialectical behaviour therapy
- EFT – Emotionally Focused Therapy
- EFTC – Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing
- Gestalt Therapy
- Gottman Family Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- IPT – Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- Somatic Therapy
- Systems Theory including Bowen Family Systems Theory
- Trauma-informed Therapy
A model used by many in the team is Emotionally Focused Therapy. EFT is a well established, evidence based modality to work with emotion (heart) and meaning, to create a shift in thinking and behaviour. At times, various team members use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) as appropriate for the client. CBT focuses on the creation of shifts in thinking and behaviour.
Our counselling centre
Our counselling centre has 5 rooms for counselling, and a waiting room. To give you an idea, you can be part of a ‘walk through’ by clicking on the following 83 second video.