Are you struggling with mental health, relationships, family or personal issues?
6 Reasons to choose us
- When you contact us, we will help you choose the best match for your situation from our 4 psychologists and 7 Masters degree-qualified counsellors in North Parramatta
- Open daytime and after hours, Monday to Saturday, including evenings
- Easy access – Beautiful and discreet location in North Parramatta, Sydney – Free parking at our doorstep
- Trustworthiness – leading to our strong growth and reputation since 2008. We help 1,000 satisfied clients every year as they cross to a better life. Our passion is excellence in client care.
- Affordable and means tested fees
- See our full range of counselling services:
We help you find the right therapist
On calling us, we make the process simple and easy for you. One of our experienced Intake Counsellors will chat with you for up to 15 minutes. This is a free and no obligation consultation.
The Intake Counsellor will listen, explain what to expect and answer your questions. This will help you make a well-informed decision about who is most suited for your situation.
Depending on the issues, you will have a choice from 12 psychologists or counsellors, and usually a choice of appointment times.
Our passion is excellence in client care
We are passionate to provide excellence in client care and quality service.
Our commitment is to respect your culture, beliefs, background and life journey. We seek to listen well, to be warm, non-judgemental and empowering, while giving direction.
Counselling proceeds with safety and at a pace that is best for you. Your therapist is highly trained to provide a safe place emotionally for you. They will set clear processes and boundaries of confidentiality.
This means that everything that happens will be explained, and your consent and collaboration will be requested for all the steps in your work. They will work with you to set an agreed direction and goals. In summary, your therapist will be alert to what will be most healing for you.
We have 9 team members qualified with a Masters degree in counselling or psychology – 7 counsellors and 2 psychologists. Those who don’t have a Master’s degree, are equally qualified, with two postgraduate degrees/qualifications in counselling, or decades of experience.
We strive for the highest standards of professional ethics, integrity and expertise in evidence-based practice.
Team members are listed below by years of professional counselling experience:
- Christopher, Elize, Faye – Psychologists
- David, Ralph, Rochelle, William – Counsellors (Master degree-qualified and Clinical Registration)
- Jenny – Counsellor (Clinical Registration)
Amy and Christina each bring a maturity from having worked for many years in family work/ministry.
- Amy – Psychologist
- Christina – Counsellor (Master degree-qualified & Provisional Registration)
Delinda and Jess each bring a maturity from having worked for many years in youth/women’s ministries.
- Delinda – Intern Counsellor (Master degree-qualified & Intern Registration)
- Jess – Intern Counsellor (Master degree-qualified & Intern Registration)
Our fees are affordable
Our counsellor fees range from $40 to $170 per hour session. Some fees are means tested, on a sliding scale. Other concessions may be available if there are financial difficulties.
Our psychologist fees range from $140 to $160 per hour session. Some concessions may be available if there are financial difficulties.
For our psychologists, you may be able to claim a Medicare rebate using a Mental Health Plan. Your GP may write one for eligible mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression, or children’s behaviour issues.
If you see a counsellor, you will not be eligible for a Medicare rebate. Nevertheless, you can be assured that our counsellors have excellent and rigorous training. 7 of our counsellors are Masters degree-qualified, with 5-6 years of tertiary education behind them.
Convenient location in North Parramatta
1 Blackwood Pl, Oatlands NSW 2117
Our counselling clinic is located on Pennant Hills Rd. We are just down from the Kings School, about halfway between Parramatta and Carlingford. We are near the intersection of James Ruse Drive and Pennant Hills Rd – only minutes from the M2 and M4.
Enjoy ample free parking at our doorstep, and the ambiance of a beautiful heritage neighbourhood.
See our Location page for a Google map, directions and public transport details.
Walk through video of our centre
Our counselling clinic has 5 rooms for counselling, and a waiting room. To give you an idea, you can be part of a ‘walk through’ by clicking on the following 83 second video.
Our therapeutic approaches
People are complex. The emphasis of our work is client focused. Therapy is respectfully, collaboratively and sensitively tailored to each client whether individual, couple or family. Your psychologist or counsellor will aim to truly understand your issues, and walk beside you. They seek to inspire hope with the goal of a more meaningful life.
We treat you as a person, not as a diagnosis to be treated. Therefore, no approach or technique is blindly or automatically applied. In the vast majority of sessions, you will find the process feels authentic and freeing. The evidence-based approaches we may use are widely drawn upon in the profession.
- ACT – Acceptance and Commitment therapy
- Attachment Theory
- CBT – Cognitive Behaviour Therapy – including it’s many variations
- DBT – Dialectical behaviour therapy
- EFT – Emotionally Focused Therapy
- EFTC – Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing
- Gestalt Therapy
- Gottman Family Therapy
- Internal Family Systems
- IPT – Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Schema Therapy
- Somatic Therapy
- Systems Theory including Bowen Family Systems Theory
- Trauma-informed Therapy
A model used by many in the team is Emotionally Focused Therapy, which is a modality to work with emotion (heart) and meaning, to create a shift in thinking and behaviour. At times, various team members use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) as appropriate for the client. CBT focuses on the creation of shifts in thinking and behaviour.
Finally, are there any question we have not answered? We would love to chat if you do. Please call us today for your free 15 minute phone consultation.